Council and Committee Meeting Information and Schedules
As Castlegar's appointed governing body, our City Council members hold periodic regular and special meetings to discuss the City's goals, major projects, infrastructure improvements, financial and strategic planning initiatives and more.
- Regular meetings of City Council are held on the first and third Monday of each month, except for the months of July and August when meetings are only held once per month, usually on the second Monday of the month.
- Regular Council meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and are held in the Community Forum, #101 – 445 13th Avenue.
- The complete agenda package for Regular Council meetings is available usually by 2:00 p.m. on Friday before the Council meeting.
- Notice of the meeting is posted on the website as a Public Notice, on the Public Notice Board at City Hall and at the Community Forum.
- You may watch a broadcast of all council meetings on Shaw Cable, times to be announced.
- From time to time it is necessary to call a Special Council meeting. In such cases, 24-hour notice of the meeting is given by posting a notice on the Public Notice Board at City Hall, at the Community Forum and on our webpage.
- No business, other than the agenda items included in the notice, is considered at Special Council meetings.
Delegations are restricted to two per Council meeting and are limited to a 15-minute presentation which also must include a Council question and answer period.
If you wish to appear as a delegation at a Council meeting download and complete the Delegation Request Form.
Due to the increasing number of proclamations received by the City of Castlegar, Council passed the following resolution regarding the reading of proclamations:
“That all proclamations received by the City of Castlegar will be received for information only.”
For more information on committee meetings and materials, contact:
Tracey Butler, Director of Corporate Services