Members of Castlegar’s City Council are elected to represent the citizens of Castlegar and as your elected representatives; they value and appreciate public input and participation on important issues that face our community.
There are several ways our residents can get involved with City Hall and provide valuable input:
- Call City Hall at (250) 365-5979 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays).
- Send a letter or email that includes your name and contact information (anonymous correspondence will not be accepted) to Mayor and Council, or the Chief Administrative Officer to:
Castlegar City Hall
460 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar, BC V1N 1G7
- Attend a City Council meeting as a delegation to speak to a current issue facing the municipality. City Council permits a maximum of 2 delegations to attend any Regular Council meeting and make a presentation to City Council. To request attendance at a Council meeting as a delegation, a Delegation Request Formmust be completed and submitted to the Director of Corporate Services. View Council Meeting Schedules now.
- Attend public meetings and open houses. Some of these public meetings are mandatory - such as public hearings and the open house meeting to review the annual budget. Some meetings are intended to inform the public of important issues and some are held to obtain public input into issues that are facing our community. When such public meetings and events are held, public notice is located here. It is also available through advertisements in the local newspapers and, if appropriate, as radio advertisements and posted to Facebook and other social media sources.
- Volunteer to serve on a City board or committee. The City’s “Council Appointments Policy” requires that every September an ad is placed in the local newspaper requesting applications from citizens interested in serving on a Council appointed Board or Committee. If you are interested in serving in a volunteer capacity, please look for our ads each September and submit an application. The City retains these applications and when an appointment is required they are reviewed and a suitable candidate is selected to fill the position. For more information on the City’s “Council Appointments Policy” please contact the Director of Corporate Services at (250) 365-8973.