The City of Castlegar has a number of licences that are required in various circumstances.
All documents are downloadable below. In addition, all licence applications and documentation may be accessed via:
- Pick up at City Hall, 460 Columbia Avenue, during regular office hours ( 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m)
- Mail or fax. Please contact City Hall at 250-365-7227 to request.
In accordance with Business Licence Bylaw 1337 any person wishing to start a business, to expand or to relocate an existing business within the City of Castlegar must obtain a business licence. This requirement is contained in the Community Charter, which gives the City the responsibility of monitoring the changing business environment within Castlegar.
A Business is defined as the carrying on of a commercial or industrial undertaking of any kind or nature or the providing of professional, personal or other services for the purpose of gain or profit.
Download a Business Licence Application
Email your application to email@example.com
INTER-COMMUNITY BUSINESS LICENCE
If you own a business that performs a service in more than one community by moving from client to client rather than a fixed place of business, you can apply for an Inter-Community Business Licence, in accordance with City Bylaw 1246 .
This includes but is not limited to trades, plumbers, electrician, cleaning services, pest control or other similar businesses.
An Inter-Community Business does not include businesses selling goods or services from fixed or semifixed locations where customers come to them. (eg. Fruit stands, roadside vehicle vendors, mobile stores, flea markets, concession stands and trade shows.)
The fee for an intercommunity business licence is $100.00 and is separate and additional to any municipal business licence fee, which may be required.
How to Pay/Renew your Business Licence
- Pay Online Through Your Bank - Login to your online banking. Add a payee, choose the City of Castlegar Business Licence (if available) and enter your Business Licence number to make a payment.
- Send a Cheque in the Mail - Include the bottom portion of your Business Licence invoice and mail to City Hall at 460 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar, BC V1N 1G7.
- Bring Your Invoice to City Hall - Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed daily from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Pay via cash, cheque or debit.
For additional information on business licence procedures, contact the Director of Development Services at:
BizPaL is an online service that provides entrepreneurs with simplified access to information about business permits, licences and other requirements needed to start, operate and grow your business from the federal, provincial/territorial and participating municipal governments. Click below to be directed to the BizPal website.
Every dog living within the city limits over the age of 12 months must be licenced by the City of Castlegar. If a lost dog has been licenced, it can be purchased in person at Castlegar City Hall.
Annual Fee Schedule:
- Spayed or Neutered Dog - $25.00
- Not Spayed or Neutered Dog - $75.00
- Aggressive Dog - $100.00
- Vicious Dog - $200.00
- Dangerous Dog - $500.00
- Kennel Licence - $55.00
- Guide Dogs, RCMP or Service Dogs are exempt from paying a licence fee.
- Transfer for Owner Holding a Valid & Current Licence from Another BC Local Government - $10.00
- Replacement of a Lost Dog Licence Tag - $5.00
- One Time Licence Fee for Hen Owners - $10.00
- One Time Licence Fee for Beekeepers - $10.00
For additional information on dog licence procedures, please contact: