Property Information Resources

ROUTINE RECORDS AVAILABLE through Development Services include:

  • All Bylaws and Bylaw Amendments which have been given First Reading or Adopted.
  • All Minutes of Council or Advisory Committees such as the Advisory Planning Commission and Board of Variance (unless in-camera).
  • Public Hearing Minutes provided that those who have made submission have been notified and consented to the disclosure of personal information as recorded. Names and addresses may be redacted in copies prepared for public distribution.
  • Monthly Reports for Building Permits, Business Licences and Planning Applications including business names and locations.
  • Public Information Packages as prepared to meet public notification requirements for Board of Variance, Development Variance, Temporary Use Permits, Soil Permits, Floodplain Exemptions and Land Use Amendments.
  • Staff Reports that have been provided as part of an open Council or Advisory Committee meeting.

RECORDS NOT AVAILABLE through Development Services include:

  • Building Plans or Land Survey Plans. These records are copyrighted and can not be released unless approval from the applicant or professional is obtained. City of Castlegar no longer provides access to Land Survey Plans and State of Title Certificates. Property owners and residents should seek these plans directly from LTSA or from a lawyer, notary, land surveyor or certificate registry agent.
  • Bylaw Enforcement Records. These records can only be obtained through a formal written request to the City of Castlegar Information Officer.
  • Staff Reports that have been provided as part of an In-Camera Council meeting under the appropriate provisions of the Community Charter. Advisory Planning Commissions and Board of Variance are not permitted to conduct in-camera meetings under the provisions of the Community Charter.
  • Access to property files. The City of Castlegar no longer provides direct access to Property Files. Property Letters, however, may be obtained for a $50 fee.

PROPERTY LETTERS prepared by Development Services

Property Owners and Listing Agents can request property letters. The following are examples of what information the City may provide in a Property Letter under the Provincial Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act: 

  • Zoning Designation
  • Official Community Plan Land Use designation
  • Whether a Development Permit is registered on title
  • Any outstanding work orders or outstanding notices of violation regarding permits and licenses on file
  • Building Permits Issued 
  • Whether the property is designated as a Heritage Site under the provincial Heritage Conservation Act
  • Whether the property is designated as within the Agricultural Land Reserve
  • Any outstanding work orders or outstanding notices of violation or deficiency related to the Interior Health Authority on file
  • Any outstanding breaches of fire regulations on file
  • If the property is serviced with City utilities

To request a Property Letter please email  and specify the information that you would like provided.  Please be made aware that it may take up to 10 business days to respond to your request based on the complexity of the information available.

  • General information regarding zoning and property assessment information can be accessed through the Castle Maps page.
  • For title information, including ownership of a property, please see  Titles Survey Authority (LTSA) 
  • General information, including the age of a house, can be accessed through the BC Assessment's website.
City Hall
Castlegar City Hall,
460 Columbia Avenue
Castlegar, B.C.
V1N 1G7
Hours of Operation
City Hall and Civic Works, 8:30am - 4:30pm, Mon-Fri.
Civic Works
Development Services
Financial Services
Corporate Services