The primary objective of the Finance Department is to provide excellence in customer service to the citizens of the City of Castlegar, City Council and staff.
The finance department is concerned with issues relating to the City’s finances and providing financial advice and guidance to Council and staff.
- Planning an annual and long-range operating and capital budget that reflects Council’s long- and short-term objectives and monitoring these budgets, with city staff, on an ongoing basis
- Financial Administration: provide leadership and direction in the development, coordination and administration of financial policies and procedures
- Safeguard and administer the assets of the City through proper internal controls, risk management, accounting systems and policies and procedures
- Maintain the municipalities financial records, inventory of tangible capital assets and maintain all financial operations of the enterprise
- Explore economic development and other opportunities that would create new streams of revenue for the City
- Cemetery Administration
For a status of municipal reserves, future department objectives and 2017 audited financial statements, refer to The City of Castlegar’s 2017 Annual Report.
Andre W. Buss, Director of Financial Services
Email: Financial Services
- Property Taxes
- Home Owner Grants
- Government of Canada Online Budgeting Tool
- Financial Bylaws
- Tax Sale
- 2018 Budget and Five Year Financial Plan