The general mission of the Castlegar Emergency Program is to provide an organization capable of facilitating all aspects of emergency preparedness - response, recovery, and mitigation - in order to ensure all area residents have maximum potential for survival and recovery in the event of a disaster.
The Castlegar Emergency Program is an organization consisting of several groups working in a cooperative atmosphere, planning mitigation and preparation for, response to, and recovery from a major disaster or emergency, which extends beyond normally used resources of the community.
The Castlegar Emergency Management Program consists of an Emergency Program Coordinator, members of City of Castlegar staff and representatives of various agencies as required, but not limited to:
- City of Castlegar Staff
- Emergency Management BC
- RDCK and/or RDKB
- Emergency Social Services and several subordinate groups of that organization such as Food Services, Personal Services, Animal Coordination, Emergency Finance and Emergency Housing
- Civilian and Federal agencies (RCMP, CPR, DOD etc.)
- Emergency Responders such as fire and ambulance
- Castlegar Society for Search and Rescue
- School District 20
- Canadian Red Cross
- Provincial Government Agencies such as Interior Health, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure etc.
- Utility groups, both public and private
For more information
Contact Duane Monsen, Deputy Fire Chief at 250-365-7535 or 250-365-3266.