The City offers a FREE Sani-Dump Station (with potable water) located at the Castlegar Visitors Centre at 1995 6th Avenue, Castlegar.
The station normally opens in early April (weather permitting) and closes for the winter season in late fall, normally October (weather permitting).
In 2020, the Sani-Dump opened on June 5th to coincide with the provincial opening of BC campgrounds due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The City follows the orders from the Provincial Health Officer and may need to close this station if a new order is issued.
The City is asking all users to adhere to the following usage safety guidelines recommended by the Provincial Health Officer:
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Practice physical distancing by keeping at least 2 metres away from others
- Consider wearing a non-medical mask and gloves while using this facility
- Wash your hands thoroughly - consider bringing hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissue
- Limit use of station at busy times and do not create a crowd
View more information on the City's response to Covid-19 at www.castlegarconnects.ca/covid-19-pandemic
If you have any questions/concerns regarding the City's Sani-Dump Station contact: