Tired of shoveling your driveway a second time after the snowplow deposits snow across the entrance when it plows your street? Check out the video below for a simple tip to avoid having to shovel it again, courtesy of the Missouri Department of Transportation.
Contact the Civic Works department Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by phone 250 365 5979 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For after hours emergencies call 250 365 3341.
The City of Castlegar works to remove all snow and ice in a timely and safe manner.
To assist in the process, residents can help snow removal efficiency by:
- Removing all vehicles and structures from the street
- Remove snow and ice from front sidewalks
- Park off-site while city snow removal is in place
- Do not shovel directly on to city streets
- Keep children away from roads and snow removal equipment
In the interest of public safety, city streets are maintained on a priority basis, with priorities 1 and 2 cleared within 12 hours of the end of the snowfall.
- Columbia Avenue/ Arrow Lakes Drive from 18th Street to the Industrial Plants
- Collector & Residential Streets/Avenues with hills with grades greater than 9%
- Access to emergency service buildings:
- Collector Streets/ Avenues
- Access to schools
- Commercial/Industrial areas
- Sidewalks in the downtown core
- All remaining residential streets
- Snow hauling from central business areas (2nd, 3rd, 4th Street & Columbia Avenue)
- Street widening
- Access to water & sewer facilities
- All remaining sidewalks
- City owned parking lots
- Bus stops/Turnouts - clear path to roadway
- Snow hauling – remainder