Water and Sewer
Thanks to the participation of our residents, water meters are now in use in almost all homes, and local businesses and industry continue to work on installing their own. Water meters are a proven way for communities to save water and extend the lifespan of water and sewer systems and treatment plants. Going forward in 2018, the rates for residential customers will be based solely on consumption.
We recommend paying through your bank. You can visit your bank in person or online. If you wish to pay online, follow these steps:
- Go to your online banking website and log in.
- Search for payee “Castlegar” and select the “utilities” from the results list. Do NOT select “taxes”.
- Enter your 13-digit account number into the account number field. Your utility account number (000 000XXXX 00X) is positioned on the front page, top left hand corner, of your utility bill.
- Pay the appropriate amount from the utility bill.
- Print or save the confirmation page for your records.
Other Payment Options Include:
- With your bank/financial institute (in person, online, telephone).
- Pre-authorized debit from a chequing account, see more details below.
- By mail; make cheques payable to “City of Castlegar”.
- In person at the Castlegar City Hall. We accept cash, cheque and Interac payments. City Hall is open from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
We are offering a new payment program for utilities in 2018 that enables you to automatically pay your utility bill through an automatic electronic transfer from your bank account. The program aims to provide convenience to our customers, and to avoid late payments or penalties. In order to sign up for the program, please download and complete the PAD Agreement Form and return to the Financial Services department.
Phone: 250-365-7227 / Fax: 250-365-0594
I am a description of this file. extra text goes here...