Brrrr, it's cold outside - tips to prevent frozen water lines
Prolonged periods of cold weather, especially when there isn't much snow, can cause water lines to freeze.
Brian McCreight, the City's Water/Sewer Foreman, has some tips so you can prevent this from happening:
- When at home, leave a cold water tap slightly open to maintain water movement in your service line.
- Keep your garage door closed.
- Keep your thermostat consistent.
- Open interior doors to keep your home at a consistent temperature
- If you're away for a prolonged period of time, set the thermostat to provide some heat to your home. If possible, ask someone to periodically turn the tap on.
For more information contact: