Council Highlights - February 1, 2021
- Council received a presentation from Donna Wilchynski and Tyler Rice of the West Kootenay Boundary Community Investment Co-operative which discussed their start-up and first phase of implementation. The Co-operative is a member-owned, locally controlled and volunteer governed Board of Directors which finances businesses located in the West Kootenay & Boundary region.
- Council reviewed a report from the Director of Corporate Services seeking Council approval to enter into a three-year service agreement with the British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BC SPCA) for animal control and sheltering services to improve this service for the community
- Council adopted Animal Control and Licencing Bylaw 1342 which includes dog licensing, animal sheltering, rules on exotic pets and farm animals, and responsible pet ownership.
- Council adopted Reserve Fund Establishment Bylaw 1339 which consolidates the City’s current reserve accounts and ensures funds set aside in reserves can only be used for the purpose for which the reserve was established.
- Council received a report from the Director of Finance to present the City’s 2021-2025 Five-Year Financial Plan for the required bylaw readings and gave the 2021-2025 Five-Year Financial Plan Bylaw No. 1344 first, second and third reading.
For more information, contact:
email@example.com or 250.304.8133
Visit our website for more City information.