Council Highlights - January 24, 2022
Tammy Verigin-Burk, from the Castlegar and District Chamber of Commerce, and Lukas Armstrong, from Cover Architectural Cooperative presented an overview of the new Castlegar and District Chamber of Commerce building.
2021 Council and Corporate Objectives Update
Council received a progress report from the Chief Administrative Officer on the 2021 Council Strategic Priorities and Corporate Objectives in the last half of 2021.
Council reviewed the amended City of Castlegar Land Acquisition and Disposition Policy 1-13 which ensures a consistent framework for the acquisition and disposition of City lands in alignment with the City’s strategic priorities. These amendments will be considered for adoption at the February 7, 2022 Regular Council Meeting.
- Council supported the request from Communities in Bloom to proceed with the next steps of their planning phase for a proposed Japanese Garden at City Hall.
- Council approved changing the Kinnaird overpass lights in recognition of the following:
- Girl Guides of Canada BC World Thinking Day February 22, 2022 (blue).
- BC Epilepsy Society International Purple Day for Epilepsy Awareness March 26, 2022 (purple).
- Canadian Dental Hygienists Association National Oral Health month April 4-10, 2022 (purple).
Regional Economic Development Service
The City will proceed with the request to join the newly established Castlegar and District Economic Development Service through the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
Council gave three readings to:
- Business Licence Amendment Bylaw 1376, a Bylaw to amend Business Licence Bylaw Schedule A: Fee Schedule.
- 2022 – 2026 Five-Year Financial Plan.