March 1, 2021 - Council Highlights
- Castlegar & District Community Services Society presented to Council on its upcoming move to the Flamingo Motel and what services will be offered. All questions can be directed to Ray Griffith, Site Manager, Castlegar & District Community Services Society. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 250.608.5019.
- February 1, Council adopted Animal Control and Licencing Bylaw 1342. To issue infraction tickets associated with that Bylaw, the City needed to update its Municipal Ticket Information (MTI) Bylaw 1346 which sets out a new schedule, offences, and fines. Council gave the MTI Amendment Bylaw 1346 first, second and third reading.
- Council approved the following to support the new childcare facility at the Castlegar & District Recreation Complex located at 2111 6th Avenue:
- Development Variance Permit 4/20 to vary the minimum rear lot line setback requirement to authorize the encroachment of an existing accessory building into the rear lot line setback area.
- Release of the Possibility of Reverter Clause at 2111 6th Avenue to enable the Regional District of Central Kootenay to pursue lot consolidation with its adjacent lands.
- Council approved lighting up the Kinnaird overpass purple in recognition of:
- National Purple Day to recognize the day of epilepsy awareness in Canada – March 26.
- National Dental Hygienists Week and Oral Health for Total Health - April 4 to 10.
For more information, contact:
email@example.com or 250.304.8133
Visit our website for more City information.