NOTICE OF LINE PAINTING
The City of Castlegar would like to advise that the 2020 Line Painting Program on city streets will be commencing the week of May 1st, weather pending. Aardvark Paving Marking Services will be completing the painting program again for us this year. The program may take several days to complete with minor traffic interruptions in some areas as needed.
Please note that the City of Castlegar assumes no responsibility for paint damage claims from motorists who cross wet paint lines.
- It takes approximately 2 minutes for traffic paint to dry;
- Wet traffic paint on the road may splatter on your vehicle if you cross the line before the paint has dried;
- If your vehicle is splattered with paint, go to a car wash as soon as possible;
- If paint does not wash off, spray the affected area with WD-40 and allow it to dry for 2 hours, then re-wash the affected area;
- If the paint remains, consider submitting a claim to your insurer.
The City apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and thanks you for your cooperation. Any questions or comments may be directed to the Public Works office at 250-365-5979.