2021 Line Painting
The City of Castlegar expects to start the 2021 Line Painting Program on city streets the week of May 17, weather permitting.
The program can take several days to complete and residents could experience minor traffic interruptions. We appreciate your patience while we get the City cleaned up after winter.
Aardvark Paving Marking Services will complete the painting program again for us this year.
Please note that the City of Castlegar assumes no responsibility for paint damage claims from motorists who cross wet paint lines.
- It takes approximately 2 minutes for traffic paint to dry;
- Wet traffic paint on the road may splatter on your vehicle if you cross the line before the paint has dried;
- If your vehicle is splattered with paint, go to a car wash as soon as possible;
- If paint does not wash off, spray the affected area with WD-40 and allow it to dry for 2 hours, then re-wash the affected area;
- If the paint remains, consider submitting a claim to your insurer.
For more information call Civic Works at 250.365.5979.