If you have an animal-related complaint, please file a complaint in person, or contact City Hall at:
Email: City of Castlegar
You will be asked to provide the following information, all of which will remain confidential:
- Your name, address and phone number
- name and address of the alleged violator
- nature of your complaint
The Animal Control Officer will attempt to resolve the problem with the animal's owner. Failing satisfactory resolution of the problem the City may pursue legal action against the owner or the owner may be fined under the Municipal Ticketing Information System.
Every dog living within the city limits over the age of 12 months must be licensed by the City of Castlegar. If a lost dog has been licensed, it is easier to assist in finding the dog's rightful owner.
Annual Fee Schedule:
- Spayed or Neutered Dog - $25.00
- Not Spayed or Neutered Dog - $75.00
- Aggressive Dog - $100.00
- Vicious Dog - $200.00
- Dangerous Dog - $500.00
- Kennel Licence - $55.00
- Guide Dogs, RCMP or Service Dogs are exempt from paying a licence fee.
- Transfer for Owner Holding a Valid & Current Licence from Another BC Local Government - $10.00
- Replacement of a Lost Dog Licence Tag - $5.00
- One Time Licence Fee for Hen Owners - $10.00
- One Time Licence Fee for Beekeepers - $10.00