Tired of shoveling your driveway a second time after the snow plow deposits snow across the entrance when it plows your street? Check out this simple tip to avoid having to shovel it again, courtesy of the Missouri Department of Transportation.
Find information on the City's snow removal priority routes and how you can help speed up the snow removal process as well as information on contractor Snow Dump permits below.
If you are a contractor and have heavy equipment to rent, the City wants to hear from you. Please fill the attached Equipment Registry and return to the City at email@example.com
The City of Castlegar works to remove all snow and ice in a timely and safe manner.
To assist in the process, residents can help snow removal efficiency by:
- Removing all vehicles and structures from the street
- Remove snow and ice from front sidewalks
- Park off-site while city snow removal is in place
- Do not shovel directly on to city streets
- Keep children away from roads and snow removal equipment
In the interest of public safety, city streets are maintained on a priority basis, with priorities 1 and 2 cleared within 12 hours of the end of the snowfall.
To report snow hazards and removal emergencies, contact the 24-hour Snow Phone at 250-365-7244.
- Columbia Avenue/ Arrow Lakes Drive from 18th Street to the Industrial Plants
- Collector & Residential Streets/Avenues with hills with grades greater than 9%
- Access to emergency service buildings:
- Collector Streets/ Avenues
- Access to schools
- Commercial/Industrial areas
- Sidewalks in the downtown core
- All remaining residential streets
- Snow hauling from central business areas (2nd, 3rd, 4th Street & Columbia Avenue)
- Street widening
- Access to water & sewer facilities
- All remaining sidewalks
- City owned parking lots
- Bus stops/Turnouts - clear path to roadway
- Snow hauling – remainder